Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Smashing Debut of the Add on Story Shin Dig PLUS Gossip Time!

Hey guys!
I think the add on story is fantabulous! In fact, I'm so interested in what people are adding on I've started stalking my own blog! Go here if you want to join in on the month long of fun.

Next.... GOSSIP TIME
Just finished listening to City of Ashes (The Mortal Instrument Series #2) by Cassandra Clare.

WARNING: SPOILERS WILL BE DISCUSSED. IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK AND PLAN TO IN THE FUTURE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER

I liked this one so much better than the first. To be honest, I wasn't sure I was going to read/listen to the second installment, but I'm soooo glad I did.

Why I think I like City of Ashes better than City of Bones:
1. I know the characters better. Everyone is pretty well hashed out and they're my friends now.
2. I understand what the clave is, how to use a stele, and I feel like I can be on a first name basis with most of the down worlders.
3. Definitely liking the tension between Clary and Jace. I want to jump her bones...but eww...that's my sister. Simon is like a quaint summer day but Jace is this compelling force I want to crush myself into...but eww...that's my brother. Nice.
4. LOVE the part where Simon turns into a vampire. The way he claws himself out of the ground is priceless.

Some things to ponder though:
1. After reading City of Bones I never truly believed that Jace and Clary were related. And the way Clare drops hints through out the entire book that maybe, just maybe, Clary and Jace aren't related definitely solidifies in my mind that they aren't brother sister. Evidence: The Queen of the Sealy Court, Imogen before she dies (which I'm dying to know what she said), and then what Valentine says to Clary ont he ship. Clare does a nice job at the end where Clary wants to express her undying love for Jace and Jace is like, dude, let's just be brother and sister.

2. Where was this French woman all this time when she could have been waking up Jocelyn. Jocelyn could then clarify who is kin to who. Alas, I know this would have made the book boring. But, really what was this mystery French Woman doing?

3. I understand that Jace is this awesome warrior and everything. But do you really think he wouldn't have realized his exceptional abilities before? Would it really just take being trapped in a Malakai configuration and then Alec telling him to jump?

Anyone else want to gossip? But please no spoilers about City of Glass. I hope to listen to it soon!

1 comment:

  1. Anita, I never heard about add on a story. It sounds interesting. I'll have to take a closer look, because I am truly in the dark.

    To bad I already stalk my own blog.

    ReplyDelete