This blog post comes straight to you from my guest bathroom. Alabama is being pummeled by tornadoes today and my thoughts and prayers go out to all those that are affected by the natural disaster.
Sarcastically Delicious (aka boyfriend) is killing zombies on his phone, Jasmine (kitty #2) is smelling his butt, and Sasha (kitty #1) is napping inside the bathtub, while all four of us are waiting for this tornado warning to pass.
So now that you're up to date on the weather, here's what's going on in what I like to call my creative life:
1. I've written 41,000 words of my manuscript to date.
2. I'm listening to City of Glass by Cassandra Clare in preparation to read the latest installment, City of Fallen Angels.
3. I just finished reading Night Star by Alyson Noel and can't wait for the final book to come out in June.
4. I'm about to start reading Possession by Elana Johnson. I'd like to do a fun give-away/contest on my blog to give away this ARC. Any suggestions?
5. As we rushed to the bathroom for cover from the tornado, Sarcastically Delicious told me to bring a book. I thought it odd that he wanted me to have adequate reading material while we waited out tornadoes, but whatever. So I grab my book bag which contains my laptop, writing journals, etc... When I appear with out a book he scowls at me and points out how he has brought the mammoth sized hard cover book, Atlas Shrugged. He emphasizes that I need to bring a hard cover book. Confused by his persistence, I run out into the hallway, and at first instinct want to grab Deathly Hallows, but then I end up grabbing And the Band Played On. When SD sees this thick book, he's pleased with my choice. And I'm just confused. That's when he points out I'm supposed to put the book over my head, for protection. Sigh. I can be so dense sometimes.