Monday, April 4, 2011

Gossip Time...Cryer's Cross

After reading and LOVING Lisa McMann's Wake trilogy, I was excited when I learned she had a new book out, Cryer's Cross.

Seventeen-year-old Kendall has OCD and lives in a small farming community in Cryer's Cross, Montana. Her best friend/boyfriend is a boy named Nico, who lives across the street. They've known each other since they were babies.

The book opens with a search for a missing teen, Tiffany Quinn. The entire community splits into search parties, and along with law enforcement, scour the small town of Cryer's Cross. Tiffany is never found. Kendall fixates on Tiffany's disappearance, probably more so because of her OCD. It just doesn't make sense. But when another teen disappears from Cryer's Cross, Kendall's OCD kicks into over drive. Could she be the one that solves this mystery?

I never give away any spoilers in my gossip time posts, but I must say that this ending chilled my bones. I finished this book last night, and I'm still thawing from the creepiness of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment