Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Fricassee

I'm sorry that the regular posting thing did not happen this week. I've been battling the sinus infection from hell. Literally. The little germies festering in my ethmoid and sphenoid sinuses are microscopic spawns of Satan, intent on administering headaches of the greatest kind. Fortunately, my pharmacist has concocted a special super antibiotic, anti-fungal, steroid spray that is supposed to wreak havoc on them with the vengeance of a thousand angry angels. Or something like that. I mean, that's basically what the drug package insert said.

If you're looking for a critique partner, super fabulous author Maggie Stiefvater is hosting a critique partner love connection on her blog.

Anita Laydon Miller has decided to go rogue and self publish her middle grade e-book Earthling Hero. She left the much esteemed Nelson Literary Agency to do this. I can't imagine how hard that decision must have been. But, of course, I don't know all the details either. I'm just speculating. You can buy it for $0.99 on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Smashwords. I plan on purchasing a copy ASAP. And you should too. Stay tuned for a Gossip Time post in the near future about Earthling Hero.

And I don't know if Anita's e-book debut is a coincidence, but this week there has been a lot of talk about Amanda Hocking and her $2 million book deal with St. Martin's Press. After successfully selling  almost 450,000 copies of her e-book in January 2011 alone, she has decided to go with St. Martin's Press because she claims: “I only want to be a writer,” Hocking said. “I do not want to spend 40 hours a week handling e-mails, formatting covers, finding editors, etc. Right now, being me is a full-time corporation.” Although, guest authors on Alan Rinzler's blog have some advice for Ms. Hocking that begs to differ.

I hope this fricassee satiates your hunger a bit and I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I bought Anita's book today too. I wish her well - can't imagine how difficult that decision would be.

    Hope your feeling better. I think I have the same spawns here & it is NASTY!

    ReplyDelete