Monday, May 2, 2011

Nearing the End...

I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel despite the fact that this past weekend I had to gut and rebuild the walls of the metaphorical tunnel that is my manuscript.

You know how last week I said the middle of a story is murky? Yeah, well the middle is nothing compared to the last chunk. The last chunk is riddled with pot holes and little demons that chant you suck, this story sucks, and you have bad hair. And I can't tell you how much better it made me feel when awesome author, Libba Bray, confessed to struggling with the very same.

But talking things out with my shrinks (aka critique partners) helped dig me out of some of these pot holes, which are really like chasms full of quick sand.

So I may be a bit incommunicado for the week as I try finishing up this first draft. Happy writing and have a happy week!

1 comment:

  1. I hate the demons that tell me I suck and have bad hair. ;) In all seriousness, I get what you're saying, and I hate the self-doubt that nibbles at us all. Try to tune it out. Once the first draft is done, you can shape everything beautifully. (And yay for crit partners/shrinks!)

    Good luck, and congrats on being so close to THE END!

    ReplyDelete