So I've visited a lot of blogs over the holidays and there are the common themes of years in review, what I'm thankful for, and goals/ resolutions. I think each one has its merit. So I'll try to touch base a little on all three.
2009 a year in review for Me
1. The year started with butt loads of video editting. My eyes were permanently glued to the screen sorting through video clips of weddings, Nutcrackers, and more ice skating than my poor eyes could bear.
2. Then around spring time it was the optometry soap opera. Let me summarize...
District manager: By the way. The new full time guy will be here in a week.
District manager: Didn't the old manager tell you?
District Manager: Oh, yeah so I'm sorry, you kind of don't have a job anymore. Unless you want to be a full time doc.
Me: Definitely can't do full time. So. Ok. Guess I have more time to write now.
So I reinvent myself, start revising/ rewriting Product of an Illusion, and I'm perfectly content with life.
Three weeks later:
District manager: We need you! Full time guy flew the coop!
Me: What?!? I've kind of reinvented my life. I can't just drop that.
3. In June I won two agent reviews via Brenda Novak's Auction for Diabetic Research and this really kicked my writing up to full throttle.
4. In August I start officially blogging. Best decision EVER!
5. In September I'm maid of honor in cousin's wedding. Absolute fun craziness. See pic for example.
6. In October I'm writing away. Bliss.
7. In November, still writing and then finally submit to agents.
8. In December I recieve my agent reviews. Take a writing hiatus, contemplate, and decided to start working full time.
Whew...that was some year. Wish I had accomplished more, but there's always 2010.
What I'm thankful for:
1. My health, my family, Sarcastically Delicious, his jokes, my friends (these are listed in no particular order)
2. The joy that my blog and blogging has brought me (Thank you guys!!)
This is where the real conundrum is folks. I'm a very goal oriented person. If I don't make goals I feel like I'm just floating out there in a pointless ether. But the problem is that the goals are clashing with each other! It's worse than Monsters vs Aliens (funny movie by the way, just watched it the other night). When I figure out who the winner is I will definitely post it on my blog. They say if you write your goals down you are more likely to achieve them. So posting them on my blog should really improve my odds of accomplishing them, right?
And lastly, I'd like to thank Natalie Bahm and Shannon O'Donnell for thinking of me when it was their turn to bestow awards. I guess this should have went under the what I'm thankful for column. Alas, I try.
Happy New Year! Best wishes to everyone for a fantabulous 2010!