Monday, October 11, 2010

Blew My Pants Off

I apologize for my infrequent posting last week. While I wasn't posting I was writing, reading, or partaking in things that were quite literally blowing my pants off.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Normally, I would dedicate an entire gossip time post to this book. But, honestly what's the point. Everyone on the planet has read this book already. I'm not quite sure why I waited so long to read it. Sometimes, I wait for an entire series to be published before I plunge myself in it's world because I can't stand waiting for the next book sometimes. As many of you already know, this book is AMAZING, and if you haven't already, you need to read it, like right now. I'm currently listening to Catching Fire in the car and the drive to work just flies by.

Karate Kid starring Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan
I know. I know. You're probably wondering why I'm posting about Karate Kid. Over the summer, I saw the preview for this movie a couple times The story of a kid moving to another country, the ensuing teasing, the deep desire to go home- it resonated with me on so many levels that tears would fill my eyes whenever I saw the preview.
I moved ALOT growing up. Each move became increasingly difficult. Add in the dorky glasses, wearing hand sewn dresses that my grandmother made (which I now look back on with fond pride), and being Indian- let's just say growing up wasn't easy.
For Jaden Smith's character it was Kung Fu that transformed him. For me it was ice skating.

Awesome Guest Posts over at Nathan Bransford's Blog
On Saturday Brodi Ashton wrote a great post called When You Discover Your Agent's Not That Into You and then on Sunday Valerie Kemp posted about The All-Important First Chapter.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment