Sunday, March 4, 2012

On the Ship Forever Waiting

The world of publishing can be molasses slow.
As my critique partners and I wait for the molasses to thin, we often joke that we are passengers on a ship christened Forever Waiting.

While we wait for agents and editors to get back to us, we have a go at the slide, play shuffle board, or have drinks at the bar. Whenever there is a development in our writing journey we yell Land ho! or claim we see a harbor from our telescope.

As I spend time on Forever Waiting I realize there are more passengers on this ship than I thought. They each have inspiring stories of their publishing journeys and are eager to share. So stay tuned for posts in the Forever Waiting Writers Series. The first story launches this week!

1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome idea. I can always use the inspiration. =)

    ReplyDelete