Would you like to keep all of your teeth all of your life?
Really? Are there some people who don't want to keep their teeth? Or any body part for that matter? I'm sorry, but I'm kind of attached to my limbs and teeth and, yes, I plan on keeping them for my entire life (that is barring any disaster--but even if I do have to face a disaster--I'd like to be a survivor of said disaster who keeps all her body parts and teeth).
Do you feel nervous about having dental treatment?
I circled YES on this one, of course. I for one do not equate a trip to the dentist with going to Disney World.
If yes, please describe (I actually answered this part with a numbered list)
- I'm afraid the dentist will alter the natural contour of my teeth
- I'm afraid my bite will be incorrect after dental work
- I'm afraid of faulty fillings that will leak prematurely
- Root canals. Don't say that word around me.
I also circled YES on this one.
If yes, please describe (Again I provided another numbered list)
- Hygienists who scale sensitive areas of my teeth
- Adverse reactions to prior oral surgery
- Mean hygienists