Monday, February 21, 2011

Gossip Time...Nightshade

I'm seriously enjoying listening to the audio recording of Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (check out her website, it's AMAZING). This book contains epic proportions of hotness. The main character Calla is a Guardian. Not only can she become a wolf, but she's an Alpha wolf, a warrior. 

The line under the title says it all, She can control her pack, but not her heart.

This book is full of tension, hot guys, and lots of kissing. I won't say much more, because I don't want to give anything away.

Andrea Cremer has been touring this past month with some other authors on what is called the Breathless Tour. I was lucky enough to win a tour poster from Beth Revis's blog (Author of Across the Universe).

I've already read (please note that when I say "read" this is synonymous to me as "listen" and I used the terms interchangeably as I please) The Replacement and did a gossip time post about it here.

I am very excited about reading the other three books on the poster, because the first two have just blown my mind (in a good way, of course).  I don't know if this happens to you, but when I read good books, it makes my writing better. Something about my thought process changes. It's as if listening to these books subconsciously fine tunes my brain to become a better writer.

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of snagging the book on tape for this! I constantly forget the millions of ways to read a book!!!! I am always concerned about the voice, but having never met the author I think this shall me easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Replacement on my shelf and am looking forward to reading it. The other books look good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen- the narrator for this book is excellent
    Ron- I really enjoyed The Replacement. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that book cover is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete