Monday, September 28, 2009

Confession Time

So I haven't blogged for awhile now. It isn't because I've been that busy or ill or having Internet connectivity issues.
I'm embarrassed.
And because I'm embarrassed and self conscious I'm experiencing a total creativity shut down. This is what happened:

I've been trying to establish myself in the blogosphere by not lurking and being an active commenter. Before I post a comment I always quadruple check it for grammar and spelling mistakes, but my eyes just gloss over sometimes and I don't pick up half the mistakes. Anyway, I posted a comment with some silly spelling errors and I miscalled a piece of punctuation (punctuation was the topic of discussion). I know it's not a big deal. But, I'm trying to be a writer, and when you do stuff like that, it makes you feel incredibly stupid. Other readers of the blog pointed out my mistakes (I'm so glad they did! I learned a lot!), but at the same time I was embarrassed because I messed up.

So, I'll be back as soon as my funk departs.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, If I had a dollar for every time I messed up spelling, grammar, and punctuation when I've made comments I'd have like 20 bucks (but that's only because I haven't been blogging very long). We all make mistakes. Don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog post. You can write. You articulate things well, your grammar and spelling are correct. As Natalie said, we all screw up from time to time. I can never remember what a gerund is (a word ending in -ing, I think -- but I'm not sure). So, get outta the funk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who comments on someone's grammar and spelling in a blog comment is LAME. And that's my official Editor/Author pronouncement : )

    I always like your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys! Thank you so much for the words of encouragement! I feel the funk lifting already =)

    ReplyDelete