Thursday, November 1, 2012

To NaNoWriMo or NOT to NaNoWriMo, that is the question....

These past few weeks I've been thinking long and hard about participating in NaNoWriMo. I came quite close to plunging in, but then decided, that for me, for this year at least, it may not be the best fit.

I'm already working on a new novel that I'm a good 75 pages into. Technically, if you participate in NaNo you should be starting on a brand new novel. I do have a new fledgling idea I'd like to get cracking at, but it would require a lot of research (which I haven't done), will probably need to be more than 50k words (the NaNo goal), and I probably can't humanly get anywhere near that word count by the end of November because I'm preparing to perform in this:

I am so excited and honored and thankful to be given the opportunity to perform as a soloist, playing the role of Pocahontas. When I tore my ACL back in March 2010 I honestly though my years of solos and skating shows were over. So because I want to skate hard and put out a great come back solo performance, I've decided to pass on NaNoWriMo...for now.

6 comments:

  1. I'm being a NaNo "rebel" this year and working on revisions instead of writing something new. Still hoping to be done by the end of the month.

    And the Enchanted Moments performance sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished months of revisions so I understand where you're at. Best of luck with them! Oh, and when you finish them you should reward yourself by coming to Birmingham with Hannah and watching the show! ;-) We've also got some interesting cemeteries that you can check out!

      Delete
  2. So excited for you being in a skating show again!! I hope you enjoy every minute of being back on those skates!

    I love NaNo. I'm doing it again this year - I always tend to decide at the last minute - this year I decided a whole 4 days in advance! :) Looking forward to pouring out another first draft!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on soaking up the entire show experience! Best of luck with NaNo! Hope to join you next year!

      Delete
  3. Hi, nice to meet you. I signed up for NaNo but another important project came up and I missed the beginning. So if possible I'll try to join in in a day or two. I'll see how it goes....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! Thanks for stopping by. Wish you a speedy completion of your project so that you may get to participate in NaNo!

      Delete