Monday, November 7, 2011

Lost in Fiction Land

My blog is my home page on Firefox and when I opened up my browser this morning I realized I hadn't posted since October 27th! Yikes!

And for that I'm very sorry.
I've been lost in fiction land.

Been ferociously busy rewriting/revising my novel Shift. And when I'm not rewriting I've been trying to be a good critique partner. And when I'm not critiquing I've been listening to the House of Night series written by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast on audio book. And when I'm not doing those things I'm participating in real life stuff. Boo. But, it has to be done.

I don't have anything really inspirational, funny, or writerly to say. But here's some stuff that I find quite interest:

Amazon has a lending program for those who have an Amazon Prime Account and a Kindle. Very intrigued by this as I have one but not the other. Which one do I have? I'll leave you guessing on that one. Oh, the suspense.

I love Maggie Stiefvater's books. I am itching to find time to read the Scorpio Races. She wrote an excellent blog post about creating mood in your writing.


4 comments:

  1. The best reason to not post is because you're too busy writing! It's so easy to forget that, at its heart, that's what this is all about. I say - good for you!

    What are all the minced oaths in the House of Night series like on audio? They struck me as so unrealistic (based on my own experience as a teenage potty mouth) when I read, but a colleague mentioned that she did that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the big question on every writer/blogger's mind is-- did impact your writing career or book sales to be offline several weeks? Personally I think most of us blog too much! I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymeet- On audio the minced oaths are, in my opinion, believable for a teen. If that is what you are referring to as minced oaths.
    KarenG- You are probably correct. All that blogging time could sometimes be better used on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain--finding time to blog is getting harder and harder. I tell myself I have to take care of real life first, then write, then blog.

    Oh, for an extra hour every day!

    ReplyDelete