Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Super Guest Post Today

As today is my 21st birthday (for the purposes of today's post 21 is the secret code for 21+10), I thought what better way to celebrate this fabulous day than to share today's post with my good friend Ken. By the way, Ken, I feel like an awful friend because I've known you all these years, but I can't remember your last name.

The government says I'm not at liberty to divulge my last name.

Oh, ok. Sorry. Didn't mean to pry.

Before I hand the mic over to Ken I just want to tell everyone how exceptionally loved I feel today. I am overwhelmed by all the birthday wishes, the songs and heart felt messages recorded on my voice mail, the flowers left on my front porch, the delicious brownies baked in my honor, the uber birthday wall posts on facebook. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such thoughtful loving friends and family.

So Ken, tell me a little bit about the photo that we see here.

Well, Anita that photo was taken last Saturday when I was watching the NFL playoffs. I wore the spandex and rainbow color leg warmers to show my team spirit for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Why, Ken, I didn't know you were such a big Steelers fan. As you know Sarcastically Delicious (aka boyfriend) and myself are HUGE fans ourselves. But, may I ask why you aren't wearing the traditional black and gold to display your Steelers pride?

I feel that the sheen of the metallic spandex acts as a beacon, shining the light of my Steelers pride upon one and all.

Will you and Barbie be watching the AFC Championship together this weekend?

Absolutely, not.

Oh, my. Why not? Did something happen between you and Barbie?

She's a Jets fan. Need I say more? I refuse to be in the presence of anyone who isn't rooting for the Steelers.

Who do you think will win the NFC Championship?

Aaron Rodgers.

So you think Green Bay is going to win?

Don't know about that. Aaron's got a nice butt and fling that football around like it's nobody's bidness.

Well, is there anything else you'd like to say to the lovely folks reading Anita's Edge today?

Yes. I want to take this opportunity to talk about a subject that I hold near and dear to my heart. 

What is that?

Hair care.

Hair care?

Yes. Just because our hair is made of plastic, doesn't mean that we don't need it brushed, shampooed and blow dried. Just because our hair is made of plastic it doesn't mean you can goop Suave on there. I myself prefer Aveda. There is unfair hair care representation towards the toys (Barbie in particular) who have non-plastic hair. But, I tell you plastic hair is just as important and needs care just like that fake blonde stuff that sprouts from Barbie's head.

Ken, I had no idea. Thank you so much for educating us about the grooming needs of toys with plastic hair all around the world. You are such a humanitarian.

I take pride in championing the causes of those in need.

Well, thank you again for spending time with us on Anita's Edge today. And please join us again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anita

    I came across your blog through Dawn Simon's. Belated wishes to you. You have a great blog. And Ken seems like a good friend :-)

    Best,
    Suma.

    ReplyDelete