Today is the season premier of LOST!! SQUEEE!!! I can barely contain my excitement. LOST is amazing on so many different levels. What I wouldn't give to be part of the writing team for that show. Or if I couldn't be on the writing team, if I could just sit in a corner and listen, that would be...would be....gosh...I'm speechless. Each character is developed. There is suspense and plot twist upon twist, and yes sometimes you do end up feeling lost- hence the name.
Last night I watched the final episode from last season so I could freshen up a bit on my story line. Some of you may have never watched the show, and if you haven't, go to the library and rent season 1 on DVD. Do it. Now. I mean, why are you still reading this post.
But, for those of you who are seasoned LOST followers, let's play a little on the LOST island.
But, then there's the hydrogen bomb. Well, really it was the plutonium core of a hydrogen bomb that Jack dropped down a well into an electromagnetic pocket of energy. And I can't believe that he dropped it with the intention of hopefully reversing everything that happened. Oceanic 815 would have never crashed. Jack and Kate would have never met- amongst other relationships never forming.
So let's talk about this amonst other mind boggling LOST topics. Just pick your favorite question or questions to ramble about in the comments.
1. If Locke is dead in the box, who is the guy walking and talking around, looking like Locke, and ordering Ben to kill Jacob? I think Sarcastically Delicious figured this one out last night, and it was a big moment of revelation for me. What do you think?
2. Now that the bomb has gone off at the bottom of the well, what do you think is the fate of the island? Jack? Kate? Sawyer? Hurley?
3. Will Sayid survive his gun shot wound?
4. Will Sun and Jin ever see each other again, considering one is thirty years in the past, and the other in the future?
5. Why has Richard Alpert never aged? Jacob?
6. Will Charlie, Mr. Eko, and Anna Lucia come back to life if the explosion really does reverse time and Oceanic 815 never crashes?
7. What do you think of LOST's take on time travel? I was a bit befuddled when Daniel Farraday saw his mom on the island, and his baby self was in her womb. If you believe in a person having a soul or a spirit, then when your later self sees your past self, is your soul split in two? They do this in Prisoner of Azkaban as well, when Hermione and Harry see their past selves. I know. It's heavy.
Can't wait to hear what you guys think!