Monday, August 25, 2014

Last Week in Review

So it started with me getting Jalapeno in my eye. I was making guacamole and rinsing a jalapeno under the kitchen sink. The jalapeno was so hot, the heat wafted off the pepper in waves and sent me into a coughing fit. And then later that night, even though I had washed my hands several times and taken a shower, the jalapeno oil was still on my fingers and soaked into my contacts. So not only did I burn my cornea Sunday night, but I was stupid Monday morning and burned my cornea again when I tried to put the same contacts back in. My vision was affected and my eye burned for three days! Not fun.

Last Monday I finished my first draft for my MG Fantasy, COLLIDE. I started working on this last fall during a Mediabistro online class with Emilia Rhodes last fall. Took a break with it for six months and picked it back up this past July. I'll probably wait six or eight weeks before I tackle revising the story.

Last Wednesday I must have eaten or touched something and my face blew up from an allergic reaction. It was not fun. I had to cancel work and conk myself out with a couple Benadryl. And when you have such a big allergic reaction, it kicks you in the butt. I was wiped out for three or four days after that--trudging through life like a zombie.

Friday through Sunday I went to an EIGHTEEN HOUR conference for work stuff! 18 hours is a very long time! My bottom was not happy. But there were two shining moments during the weekend. One, I finished reading CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE by Cassandra Clare. It was such an amazing ending to a six book series I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed reading. Two, I had an epiphany for a new book idea! The concept is so cool....and...I have no explanation for it....yet. This is the fun part of writing a book--developing the idea and the characters. Who is who? Where is this all taking place? Why? Why? and more Whys? What helps me out the most during this process is talking the concept out with Sarcastically Delicious (aka huzband) or friends.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

2 comments:

  1. Jalapeno in the eye. Not fun. Not fun at all.

    Finishing your first draft. Awesome! Good title, too. :)

    ReplyDelete