- I played way too much Plants vs Zombies 2 and became quite frustrated with the Wild West level will all the chickens. I said a few choice words during my repeated tries at that level.
- We had three different types of apple pie. You're probably thinking...whaaa? Is that even possible? Yes. Yes, it is. There's regular apple pie. And then you've got your no-sugar apple pie. And, of course, the gluten-free apple pie for people like me who break out into hives when I eat the stuff.
- We watched Catching Fire. ZOMG. It was amazing. Jennifer Lawrence is amazing. And I just found out Mocking Jay is actually going to split into two movies. Two more things to look forward to!
- We also watched AFTER EARTH, which I thought was a great example of taking your traditional absent-father-trying-to-build-a-relationship-with-his-teenage-son story and executing in a totally different dystopian, apocalyptic, sci-fi, alien sort of way.
- I got to spend a lot of time with my favorite mix lab puppy, Miss Molly Yeung. We played fetch in the front yard everyday, and she'd keep my feet warm while I wrote.
- I worked on my Pitch Wars submissions. A big hearty thanks to Brenda Drake and all the mentors who dedicate their time to help aspiring writers.
Thursday, December 5, 2013
I got to spend Thanksgiving with my best friends, husband, parents, and brother-in-laws. And now that it's been a week since I had that abundance of uber-delicious food, I finally feel safe to talk about it.