Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Winner and Reflection

And the winner of the signed copy of The Second Shadow is.....

*drum roll*

SHERI LARSEN!!!

Congratulations Sheri! I will forward your information to Elizabeth Arroyo and she will contact you about sending you your signed copy! Many thanks to everyone who participated!

On a more somber note, Liz had a sudden death in her family. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family during this difficult time. 

At the skating rink there is an older gentleman that brings his granddaughter to skate every Thursday. He always asks me how I'm doing and I reciprocate. Today when I asked him, "How are you doing today sir?" His face broke into a big wrinkled grin. "I'm just happy to be alive today." 

When he said that, it made me pause and remember that every day is a gift. Sometimes we get stuck in the daily grind and we stop to appreciate the beauty around us, give that extra smile or hug, or listen a bit longer than we want to. I try to reflect on these things as much as I can, and enjoy each day to the fullest. But sometimes it's hard. Everyday is different. But we still should try =).

No comments:

Post a Comment