Saturday, December 25, 2010

MEGA END OF THE YEAR POST

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everyone! I haven't posted in a while, and thus, I have much to say. Get cozy, grab a blankie, maybe a cup of hot chocolate, sit back and enjoy.

Congratulations to the Newly Weds Roopa & Rishi
2010 was the year of weddings for my best friends and my year to be a bridesmaid/maid of honor. It was an absolute honor to stand by Sefali, Huong, and Roopa this year as they embarked on their new life journeys. Roopa and Rishi wed in an outdoor ceremony at the magnificent Eden Roc Hotel in Miami, Florida.
On Friday night Auntie and Uncle Dhawan treated us to dinner and a night of dancing on tables and throwing napkins in the air at the Greek Restaurant Taverna Opa. 


On Saturday we had a Bridal Luncheon at Fontaine Bleu. The bartenders were quite talented. Photos are courtesy of Tommie Sledge Ford.




And then after many other festivities, there was a beautiful wedding ceremony at Eden Roc's Ocean Garden, followed by an awesome reception.



And now transition.....


GOSSIP TIME: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Though I may have been vacationing here:

Author extraordinaire Stephanie Perkins transported my heart here:




 This books is light and funny. During this page turner, I totally related to the main character Anna and all of her friends at SOAP. And as Anna fell for Etienne St. Clair, totally hot French-British hybrid guy, I did too. This is an excellent feel-good read.















Aaaaand Transition....again....


Where I am with Writing

I don't have a bright shiny manuscript to top off 2010 with. But, I think I have learned a TON about writing this year. Part of my education came from reading 37 books this year (see sidebar for list). Part of my wonderful education came from the many people who critiqued my writing this year: Diane, Shane, Rebecca, Joshua- THANK YOU SO MUCH! And most importantly, part of my education came from writing, editing, re-writing, editing, re-writing, editing, re-writing. It's a never ending process really. But I feel optimistic about 2011 and can't wait to see where my writing takes me.

A Shout Out to Champion Sports Medicine

I didn't plan on tearing my ACL in March 2010. Losing the ability to skate, surgery, re-hab, etc.... it has been a loooong year. But, I want to give a shout out to Champion Sports Medicine and my therapists Ryan and Nacy. You worked tirelessly to help me get better and gave me hope. And I'd like to give a shot-out and fist pump to my trainer Dedrick. You are amazing! Thank you for kicking my butt into shape and making me believe in myself again. I will forever hear you chanting in my ear, Way to Work! Way to Work!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! See you in 2011!! Peace Out! 

P.S.
If you didn't get a White Christmas as us fortunate Alabamians, I'd like to share some snow with you:


No comments:

Post a Comment